Friday, January 25, 2013

Green stripe nails

Friday, January 25, 2013


I am still wearing my feather nails from Nails Inc, but thought I would show you a design I did the other day and intended to put up yesterday until I got my nails done. I am still new to nail art, and try as I may, I know my designs are still on the messy side, despite me cleaning up afterwards. Any tips from any nail fans on how to get a perfect stripy nails would be welcome!


I used a trio of greens and a white from LA Colors, cheap and cheerful. The greens were Sea Foam and the shimmer was simply labelled Metallic Green. I painted them in stripes down each nail, working one colour at a time. Some needed two coats, and on second thoughts I probably should have used some kind of tape to separate them.

What do you think of the design, and if you have any tips on how I can make this look any neater do let me know!

8 comments:

  1. This is super cute and looks really professional. I use masking tape to do lines :)

    Roxy's Box of Tricks  
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! I think I need to work on my technique a little, especially at the tops and bottoms of the nails. Masking tape! I was trying to think what it was called and it totally escaped me. I need to invest in some, thank you for the tip. xx

      Delete
    2. No problem. When you do use the tape though, make sure you build up the polish rather than whacking loads on straight away because it can leak under the tape :)
      xx

      Delete
    3. Thank you! That's a good idea. Will make sure it sticks properly too. Will let you know how I get on :)

      Delete
  2. These are so cute! Great choice of colours! X

    mademoiselle-lala.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It reminds me of ice cream stripes. If they were green, lol. xx

      Delete
  3. Love these! They look really neat to me :)
    x

    lazy2lovely.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kylie, maybe it's a case of you are always more critical of your own designs, but trying to figure out a way for them to look neater at the top and bottom. X

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! I love to read your comments and will reply to them all.