Thursday, January 10, 2013

Nail art challenge #8 - Duochrome

Thursday, January 10, 2013


Today's challenge was duochrome, flakie or holo. It just so happened that I had some duochrome colours, so decided to go with this, then expanded on my idea. I started with two coats of Kiko Duochrome in No 10. This is a beautiful rose gold with an abundance of gold flecks of dust in it. It looks amazing in the bottle. and when I put it on it was a rosy pink with a hint of gold, but not as duo as I wanted it.


So I expanded this by adding two layers of Models Own in Hayley's Comet. This gave a beautiful multi-tone effect. But I wanted more! I have been wanting to try out leopard print nails for a while so randomly dotted Models Own Naked Shimmer over each nail, and then randomly went around each dot, and put flecks here and there with my Model's Own Wah pen in black.

What do you think of my duochrome leopard print design?

2 comments:

  1. This is my favourite one so far. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm enjoying trying different designs, even if they don't look quite right, but I can try it again and practice for next time.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! I love to read your comments and will reply to them all.