Sunday, January 6, 2013

Nail art challenge - Day 5 - Purple

Sunday, January 6, 2013
So it's Day 5 and I really had to rack my brains over this one. It was a purple day, and after raiding my modest purple collection, it turns out I have almost as many purples as I do pinks, though I didn't realise it. I initially opted for a lilac type polish from MUA but decided I didn't like it, so settled on this dark purple from Max Factor. I'm afraid I don't know the name of it as it's a mini polish my sister gave to me from a gift set she got.
I used two coats of it, then couldn't decide what to top it with. I was going to do polka dots, but thought I might save that for the merge challenge. I decided to get out some paint brushes and paint the edges pink. I used this pink from Tantrum.
Now, it did look more sheer than I wanted, so I did another coat using the brush with the nail art pen, and it tidied up the messy edges I made with the paint brush. The design ended up thicker than I anticipated and messier than I wanted, but the idea was there. One thing I have learnt from this challenge is that I am very messy at nail art! But I wanted to try other things than simple polka dots and glitters. Hopefully I can work on my nail art skills too.

2 comments:

  1. I think it's fab! It's such a unique design! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Though I think I will go around the edges with a nail art pen next time. x

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! I love to read your comments and will reply to them all.